Maseberg Transport Services

Click the button below to start exploring our website and learn more about our awesome company
View More

You Need to be Informed

Government Regulations

Vehicle transport companies are licensed and regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT). The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration develops, maintains, and enforces federal regulations that promote carrier safety, industry productivity, and new technologies. These regulations are intended to establish safe operating requirements for commercial vehicle drivers, carriers, vehicles, and vehicle equipment.

Carrier or Broker?

A Motor Property Carrier owns and operates the trucks used to transport your vehicle and is the legally responsible party for your vehicle’s care and delivery. In accordance with federal law, the Carrier is the primary insurance holder liable for any damage to your vehicle. If you choose to contract a Carrier on your own and damage should occur to your vehicle, you will have to negotiate insurance claims directly with the Carrier which can be difficult and time consuming. Most Carriers will charge you a premium price, some may add fees for insurance that you already have, and many will contract (broker) another Carrier to transport your vehicle. You should check on the licensing and performance of each Carrier involved and you need to be on the alert for hidden fees and unnecessary insurance charges.Carefully read the Terms and Conditions before you sign a contract!

A Broker Authority is an agent who contracts a Carrier to transport your vehicle. Most vehicle transport companies are Brokers, including Road Trip Transport. Unfortunately, there are dishonest Brokers who may represent themselves as Carriers, add on hidden fees, overcharge, or require a deposit and then delay contracting your vehicle transport until they can get the cheapest price, which may add weeks to your transport time. The truth is, the majority of vehicle transports are brokered (even by Carriers) and many of the Carriers used are small “mom and pop” companies.

This is not a problem but it is important to be aware of as you try to secure the best shipping experience possible. Should damage occur to your vehicle, a Broker will guide you through the insurance claim process and will have leverage with the Carrier as continued business and credibility are at stake.


Every Carrier is required by law to maintain $1,000,000 of insurance per load for protection against damage and theft of your vehicle during shipment, unless otherwise stated in their Terms and Conditions.You need to perform a 100% inspection of your vehicle before signing shipment receipt documents (Bill of Lading). If your vehicle is damaged there are legal procedures that must be followed to file an insurance claim and to take legal action if there is a dispute. All damage must be documented at time of delivery on the Bill of Lading and an insurance claim must be submitted in writing within 15 days of delivery.

Price and Financial Arrangements

When comparing transporters make sure you are comparing the same types of services such as terminal-to-terminal or door-to-door, and pay attention for additional fees when you calculate the total cost. Once you have chosen the company you wish to contract with, there are several payment options to consider. Commonly you can pay Cash On Delivery with a money order or cashier’s check, or you can pay with a credit card. We strongly recommend that you do not pay a deposit, even if it is fully refundable.

Why should you choose Road Trip Transport?

Road Trip Transport is a Broker Authority (MC# 469787) who is devoted to integrity and committed to orchestrating safe, timely and cost effective vehicle moves. We use the best Carriers in the industry to insure a great vehicle transport experience. Let us handle the bumps and the curves while you enjoy “first rate” service with Road Trip Transport!

Leave a Reply